Creating a Purchase / Rental Product
IN THIS ARTICLE:
HOW DO I CREATE A Purchase/Rental Product?
You can create a new Purchase/Rental Product on the Products page.
Start by Clicking the + Create Product button on the Products page
Then select Buy and rent
Supply your Product
TITLE - Title the Product to describe what it contains.
Example: “Purple Fitness - Weekend 1"
DESCRIPTION - Describe the Product your audience will be buying. Example: "Buy or Rent Weekend 1 of Purple Fitness' Weekend Workouts!"
THUMBNAIL - This image appears in customer emails, trailers, Facebook, Twitter, your website, and in Vimeo OTT Apps. Images should use a 16:9 ratio. We recommend 1920px × 1080px to ensure it scales well.
Add your CONTENT:
trailer uploaded? Select it. This trailer will play on your homepage and in the
Start adding your main video(s) by clicking + Add Videos
Click the checkbox next to your uploaded videos to add them to the Product.
Once added, you have the option to Disable downloads
Next, head to the DISTRIBUTION section to set the status of your video
PRE-ORDER If you want this Product to be set in pre-order mode. If you want to sell pre-orders,
follow this guide.
Choose READY TO SELL if you're ready to start selling one it's all set up. You can also choose to block or allow your content in specific countries.
PRICING is where you'll set the rental and/or purchase price for your product.
RENTAL PRICE - If you want to enable rentals, set your rental price. Rentals are streaming-only for 3, 7, 14, or 30 days for the buyers.
Read more on rentals.
BUY PRICE- Set your Purchase price. Purchases include unlimited streaming and downloads for the buyers.
PAY WHAT YOU WANT - Enable Pay-What-You-Want pricing to allow customers to pay more than the base-price. We strongly recommend it!
In ADVANCED settings, you can customize the messaging we send when a customer makes a purchase. This is optional, but it is nice to include a custom email greeting, ie: filmmaker's personal message that gets sent to all who purchase this Product.
Finally, Click SAVE to create the Product. Congrats! You are now selling. See below for how to share it and get some sales!
Great work! If you have the Product available, you are now selling. Here are some next steps:
- Share the checkout link so others can purchase / rent! - Share it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc! To get to the checkout page of your Product, click the View checkout button on the main Products page and it will be copied to your clipboard.
This is what the checkout page to purchase your Product looks like for others:
- Embed this Product on an external website
HOW DO I ADD VIDEOS TO A SOLD PRODUCT?
If you want to add videos to a Product that has already been sold and released to your audience, no problem! Here are the steps:
- Upload the videos you want to add on the videos page.
- Navigate to the Product's edit page and then to the Content tab
- Click the checkbox next to the new videos you want to add!
- Click Save on the Product.
- Don't forget to notify your customers about new content! You can do so by sending a notification.
- If you do send the email notification, the customers will receive an email that looks like this and can start watching immediately: