How do I create a Vimeo OTT webhook?
In this article:
What are webhooks?
Webhooks are scripts that allow you to be notified when an event has occurred in the lifecycle of any of your customers. Using this information, you can do things like trigger emails, re-marketing, or other tactics to help further engage these customers. Implementing a Webhook on your OTT site (either through a script you’ve designed or a service such as Zapier), enables you to receive information when a customer:
|Event Description||Topic Name|
|Customer is created (mailing list signup)||customer.created|
|Customer is added to a product (transaction involved)||customer.product.created|
|Customer is updated||customer.updated|
|Customer cancels their subscription|| customer.product.cancelled
|Customer pauses their subscription||customer.product.paused|
|Customer renews their subscription||customer.product.renewed|
|Customer has a failed credit card charge||customer.product.charge_failed|
|Customer's payment method has expired||customer.product.expired|
|Customer has been disabled||customer.product.disabled|
|Customer starts a free trial||customer.product.free_trial_created|
|Customer is removed from a Product||customer.product.deleted|
How do I add a webhook to my Vimeo OTT site?
Grab the webhook URL from your service of choice and add it on your Site Settings page under the Webhook URLs section:
Make sure you Save the page!
How do I create a Vimeo OTT webhook on Zapier (as a Seller)?
- Sign up for an account on Zapier.com.
- Click on "Connected Accounts" - connect the accounts where you want the data to ultimately end up.
- i.e. If you want subscribers from Vimeo OTT to go into your MailChimp account, connect your MailChimp account under Connected Accounts.
- Click "Make a Zap".
- Under "Choose a Trigger App", search for and select "Webhooks".
- Select "Catch a Hook" on the next option screen.
- The "Pick off a Child Key" should be skipped. This will allow all information to pass through from Vimeo OTT to Zapier.
- Zapier will now provide a webhook URL. Copy this URL and add to the webhooks section of your settings page to add to your site.
- All set! Any new customers data should be sent to your service of choice.