How do I upload videos with 5.1 surround sound?
Since streaming (via the web) a video with 5.1 audio in it is not currently possible on VHX, you can only provide downloads of videos with 5.1 to your customers as an Extra inside of the Product. So, this is a different process from regularly uploading a video to VHX.
Here are the steps!
- Compress your 5.1 video file to have the audio edited and mixed correctly for 5.1. We recommend these specs:
VIDEO CODEC: H.264 VIDEO BIT-RATE: 8,000 kbps – 13,000 kbps FRAME RATES: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, & 60 FPS CONTAINER: MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, etc.
AAC (No PCM for 5.1 surround) AUDIO BIT-RATE: 320 kbps SAMPLE RATE: We accept most sample rates, but common ones for video are 44.1kHz & 48 kHz. AUDIO CHANNELS: C, L, R, Ls, Rs, LFe (This may seem like a strange arrangement, but it works well for video).
- Put your completed compressed video file into a zip folder.
- Head to the Extras page of your VHX site Admin and click Upload Extras.
- Drag and drop this zip file to upload it!
- Once the upload is complete, head to the Product edit page that you want to add it to and click the Extras tab.
- Click the checkbox next to the 5.1 zip file to add it to the Product and click SAVE.
- That's it! You are now including the 5.1 video file in your Package.