How do I sell rentals?
IN THIS ARTICLE:
WHAT ARE RENTALS?
Think about the classic video store experience: rent videos for a limited amount of time, at a lower price point. Now you can offer your own digital rentals as another option for customers to watch your videos. All rented videos are streaming-only, meaning a customer cannot download the video file.
How long do rentals last for a customer?
After a customer starts watching a rental, they have 3 days to finish. In those 3 days, customers have total access to stream the content as many times as they like.
How much should I charge for rentals?
That's ultimately up to you! Since rentals don't include a download version of the video, try cutting your full purchase price in half for rentals. So, if you're charging $7.99 for your movie with downloads, try $3.99.
HOW DO I ENABLE RENTALS ON MY CURRENT Products?
You can enable rentals on any Product that is NOT in pre-order mode.
- In the Products section, use the drop-down arrow to select Edit for the Product you want to update.
- Under the Rental Price field (on the upper-right of the page), click the Enable button and enter your rental price.
- Click Save to enable rentals on the Product.
HOW DO I CREATE A NEW RENTAL PRODUCT?
You can create a new Product on the Product page under the Content tab of the Admin.
- Click the Create Product button on the Product page.
- Supply your Product SETTINGS:
- TITLE - Title the Product to describe what it contains. Example: “Space Movie Deluxe Edition”.
- DESCRIPTION - Describe the Product your audience will be buying. Example: "Get Space Movie Deluxe Edition today! Includes over 5 hours of bonus footage."
- TRAILER - Have a trailer uploaded? Select it. This trailer will play on your homepage and in the embeddable player.
- AVAILABILITY - This checkbox turns your Product ON or OFF.
- PRICE your Product:
- PURCHASE PRICE - If you want to sell, set your Purchase price. Purchases include unlimited streaming and downloads for the buyers.
- RENTAL PRICE - If you want to enable rentals as well, set your rental price. Rentals are streaming-only for 3 days for the buyers. Read more on rentals.
- Add Product ARTWORK:
- THUMBNAIL IMAGE - This image appears in customer emails, trailers, Facebook, Twitter, and your website. Images should use a 16:9 ratio. We recommend 1920px × 1080px to ensure it scales well.
- BANNER IMAGE - This image appears on the top of any collection page. Images should use a 10:2 ratio. We recommend 1920px × 420px to ensure it scales well.
- Add VIDEOS to the Product to sell. Click the checkbox next to your uploaded videos to add them to the Product.
- Add EXTRAS to the Product. Click the checkbox next to your uploaded extras to add them to the Product:
- Edit ADVANCED Settings:
- GEOBLOCK - Also optional, but at the bottom of the Product edit page, you can choose to geoblock the Product or not. We recommend selling worldwide!
- CUSTOM EMAIL RECEIPT MESSAGE -This is optional, but it is nice to include a custom email greeting, ie: filmmaker's personal message that gets sent to all who purchase this Product. Example: "We hope you enjoy Space Movie and are grateful for your support!"
- Click SAVE to create the Product.
- Congrats! You are now selling.